Key tips for best use!
- If you cut your hair extensions into smaller pieces, use Love Hair Extensions Sealer to seal the cut edge to prevent fraying.
- If you need extra clips, try our Love Hair Extensions Gate Clips that are easy to sew on as you require.
- If you’re not so keen on doing it yourself, take your hair extensions to your preferred salon and get them styled professionally by a hairdresser that can trim and blend them to best suit your own style.
- Keep out of reach of children!
- Not recommended for use on children under 12.
- Keep away from naked flame!
- For external use only.
- Recommended wear time up to 8 hours within any 24 hour period.
- If using frequently, take regular (24 - 72 hour) breaks.
- Avoid wearing while sleeping and in the presence of small children.
- When removing, open clips and remove carefully.
- Not recommended for sufferers of hair loss, balding, alopecia or weak hair. Consult your doctor before using.
- If clips feel uncomfortable or hair piece feels heavy, remove immediately. Consult your doctor or hairdresser before re-using.
- Do not comb over the scalp area where the clips are attached.
- Do not color.
Back to the Top
- What should I use to detangle my hair extensions?
- Can I cut my Clip-In Hair Extensions to make smaller pieces? And if so will they shed?
- How often do I need to wash my Clip-In Hair Extensions?
- How long will my hair extensions last?
- How many packs of Clip-In Extensions do I need?
- What shampoo and conditioner should I use to wash and condition my Clip-In Extensions?
- How do I wash my Clip-In Extensions?
- Can I use any other maintenance products on my hair extensions?
- Can I curl or straighten my hair extensions?
- Can I dye my Clip-In Hair Extensions?
What should I use to detangle my hair extensions?
To smooth out very tangled or stressed hair use a small amount Love Hair Extensions Daily Maintenance Spray. Click here to view this product
Can I cut my Clip-In Hair Extensions to make smaller pieces? And if so will they shed?
Yes you can, however, the ends must be sealed to prevent shedding with our Sealer.
How often do I need to wash my Clip-In Hair Extensions?
We recommend you wash your Clip-In Extensions after every 5-6 times you wear them.
How long will my hair extensions last?
This all depends on how often the pieces are worn and how they are maintained. If looked after with the correct Love Hair Extensions Maintenance Range, they could last years.
How many packs of Clip-In Extensions do I need?
Each pack contains one 12 inch wide weft. We recommend 1-2 packs to add colour, 2-3 packs to increase the volume of your hair and 2-4 packs to add length.
What shampoo and conditioner should I use to wash and condition my Clip-In Extensions?
Most regular shampoos contain a high PH level that is too harsh for hair extensions, leaving them matted and tangled. We recommend you use Love Hair Extensions' Maintenance Range which includes shampoos, conditioners and a detangling Daily Maintenance Spray.
How do I wash my Clip-In Extensions?
1) Pour a small amount of Love Hair Extensions Shampoo into lukewarm water.
2) Gently immerse in water until saturated, lift and repeat a few times.
3) Once cleansed, rinse thoroughly in clean luke warm water.
4) Condition the hair using Love Hair Extensions Conditioner.
5) Rinse with clean water and gently squeeze to remove excess water. Do not twist or wring.
6) Shake the hair pieces well to remove excess water and leave to air dry at room temperature.
Never comb or brush while they're wet.
7) Lightly blow dry the clips till dry so they do not rust.
Can I use any other maintenance products on my hair extensions?
Other maintenance products may harm the hair due to high pH levels. This could cause breakage, tangling and matting. We strongly recommend you use Love Hair Extensions Maintenance Range.
Can I curl or straighten my hair extensions?
Yes you can. 100% Human Hair can be heat styled in the same way as your natural hair. Thermofibre™ hair can endure heated appliances up to 170°c.
Can I dye my Clip-In Hair Extensions?
We do not recommend dying these hair pieces.
Back to the Top
Confused about which hair type to choose?
Understanding Human Hair
Natural 100% human hair is widely used in the hair and fashion industry for fashion, beauty and hair shoots and worn by professional models.
Being natural, real and 100% human means it is the closest match you can get to your own hair.
Love Hair Extensions Human Hair extensions are 100% real hair. The hair used in our products is purchased from suppliers that follow stringent ethical codes. They collect hair in one of two ways, namely “Temple Hair” or “Brushed & Fallen Hair”.
The first of these comes from donors at temples in India. By tradition, there are certain Hindu ceremonies where worshippers cut off their hair. The hair is plaited and before being cut and tied both ends afterwards which keeps hair running in a single cuticle direction.
Brushed/Fallen hair is gathered by farmers that give individual households collection baskets in which they collect strands of naturally fallen hair. Collecting hair in this way omits the need for donors to cut all their hair off in one go, plus it provides an extra source of income for poorer households in developing countries. This is the method used by Love Hair Extensions.
Factories will sort, cleanse, colour and condition hair as required before creating the final product.
Love Hair Extensions human hair extensions are available in a choice of 30 colours and six lengths, 14”, 16”, 18”, 20”, 22” and 24”.
Understanding Thermofibre™ Hair
Fibre is a man made fabrication of human hair. It is ideal if you are not keen on real hair or if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative.
At Love Hair Extensions our synthetic hair pieces are made using an advanced non-shedding man-made fibre with a specially formulated coating for long lasting shine. This product, Thermofibre™, unlike most fibres, can endure heat up to 170 deg C which means you can wash, straighten, curl, blow dry and treat your extensions as if they were your own.
Fibre hair can’t ever beat the perfect match of our guaranteed 100% human hair but is nevertheless a popular alternative choice. Available in 22 colours and 18” long.Back to the Top
Looking after your hair extensions will help them last longer and you’ll get more hours of glamour and fun out of them. Our maintenance products work brilliantly on both our 100% Human Hair and Thermofibre™ extensions.
We recommend our gentle pH balanced Love Hair Extensions Shampoo to cleanse followed by our light weight moisturising Conditioner to detangle. Plus for more regular use or as you’re wearing them out and about, get an instant lift from our Daily Conditioning Spray which detangles and softens. Packed in a friendly handbag sized spray bottle, it’s easy to carry about.
When applying your extensions, if you cut them seal the edges with our specialling formulated Love Hair Extensions Sealer. This will prevent the ends of the hair weft from shredding or fraying.
For Thermofibre™ Hair Extensions we recommend Love Hair Extensions Professional Ceramic Ionic Straighteners, specifically designed for use with hair extensions. Your extensions can be heated safely using our built in temperature control system so you can set your temperature to 170°C. Ionic technology and slim line plates combine to provide superb frizz control and ease of styling.Back to the Top
Ever wondered where hair extensions come from?
With fibre hair it's easy - it's man made and manufactured in factories, much the same as producing fabrics or threads.
However, with human hair it is a different story. Human Hair is hair that has grown on a living being. That hair is then bought by 'hair merchants' who then sort it ready for sale to human hair extension production firms.
This method of collection starts with hair farmers providing households, mainly in Asia (with Chinese and Indian hair being the majority of hair collected), with hair collection boxes, usually one in each bedroom or bathroom.
These households are also provided with special hair brushes and combs which collect any falling hairs within their bristles when each member of the household styles their hair daily.
Did you know that each person loses approximately 50 stands of hair a day?
After the daily styling, the hair is removed from the combs and placed into the collection boxes. These boxes get checked on a monthly basis and, when there is sufficient weight in each box, the household gets paid. Back to the Top
Love Hair Extensions sources raw human hair from India which is transported to our factories in China for deep cleansing, conditioning and texturising treatments and final production. We work with organizations that meet our ethical policy standards and actively seek to work with and support those that promote the interests of their local communities by providing a source of income that will benefit the positive development of their society.
Love Hair Extensions is also ISO 9001 accredited which means we conduct affairs to the internationally recognised quality standard of business excellence that relates to all our systems and processes. Gaining ISO 9001 means our customers can have 100% confidence that we deliver quality across all aspects of our business, as audited by the British Standards Institute (BSI).
This Ethical Policy serves as a guideline for all of our business practices. Decisions on whether an organization meets our ethical standards are taken on an individual basis, with consideration given to information from recognized sources and input from our current clients.
- We actively seek to work with and support organisations that promote the interests of their local communities by providing a source of income that will benefit the positive development of their society.
- We actively engage with organizations that offer conditions of employment that are fair to all their employees; compliant with health and safety regulations; and where remuneration is reflective of the input hours and overtime, if any, at or above the local minimum wage.
- We actively seek to work with organizations that source raw materials ethically from quality controlled, reputable suppliers and that pay individual hair donors fairly and timely.
- We actively seek to work with Quality Assured Companies that meet International standards, such as ISO9001:2008.
Back to the Top